First Friday Five, aka. Who Won the Internet, of the year! Ready? Let’s go.
- Blog posts that I like:
- AJ posted a round-up of her favorite brunch places. I am hungry and available.
- Babes in Disneyland posted the actual recipe for Disneyland’s chocolate chip cookies.
- Jessica’s cat may have brought in a still-alive rat in the house. I’m sorry, J, but I laughed my ass off.
- Dawson’s Creek turns 20. YOU ARE ALL OLD. This is a fantastic interview with the creator Kevin Williamson.
- If you know me, you know I do not like video, but this was quite entertaining. It is an almost 30 minute video. I watched the whole thing. I also didn’t think I’d hear some social justice tidbits from a drag queen named Kimberly Clark, but what do I know. “Matcha over Tatcha.” Bahahaha! Go to 00:19:20 for a lesson on orientalism. WHAT. Go to 00:22:50 when she mentioned Marc Jacobs, white privilege and exploitation of dreadlocks. WHAT.
- Why you need white space in your day. Do you block time out to just sit and be still? Do you block time out to cushion the crazy work schedule you run on? I will tell you that I do not block enough white space at all. Pathetic.
Ok and that is it. Have a great weekend!