The team at Blundstone sent over a pair of their newest Blunnies for me to try and rock out in. (And so I did.) I received the Voltan black blunnies (1448) and man, they’re pretty fantastic. I like how they’re very simple in design but there’s that subtle detail along the elastic. I took a day to break them in; I really like how tough the leather is. They’re definitely going to do just fine in “LA weather,” even with El Nino imminent.
Flipped the jeans up so you could see how high they sit on me. It’s a 5-inch shaft, so they’re a tad higher than your average ankle boot.
One day, I was walking out the door with these on, and I thought about where else you should show off your Blunnies.
When To Rock Your Blundstone Boots
5. Foo Fighters concert – The only reason to like Nirvana is because it spawned Foo Fighters. Yeah I said it. Thanks, Kurt Cobain, for Dave Grohl.
4. Walking quickly to shelter with Baby Spawn – When the first round of rain came through a couple months ago, I had an opportunity to break in my boots. Not only are they waterproof, the boots’ soles are non-slippery. I don’t have to worry about slipping and falling while holding Spawn in my arms.
I’ve also had a chance to wear these at our Mommy & Me class and they’re really great at giving me a good grip to run after toddlers – not just my toddler.
Did I mention how much I really like the simple, no-nonsense design? There are pull tabs at the front and back – you’ll need them; they’re pretty snug to get in and out of. The boots’ uppers are made from smooth leather and that’s it. Perfect for ish-kicking or just protecting your feet. You pick.
3. Pumpkin Patch or any farm-type venue – Going to Underwood Farms was super fun. You know what wasn’t? Finding straw and gravel in your shoes. With the Blunnies‘ higher coverage, I doubt you’ll see straw in them boots after a day at the farm.
(I really hope that was gravel and not goat poop.)
2. ACDC concert – This was the perfect footwear for this concert. We had floor seats at Dodger Stadium, and the lawn was protected by plastic risers. The floor was wet with beer and liquor and the show hadn’t even started. I’m glad my Blunnies protected my feet from my neighboring concertgoer who was a heavyset man who jostled his beer everywhere. Thank you, guy, for sloshing beer on my new boots. Well, at least I could just wipe them down.
Drunk guy aside, the concert was amazinnnnnnng! (So amazing that I dressed Spawn as Angus Young.)
1. Zombie MF Apocalypse. I’ve been streaming iZombie on Netflix and religiously watching this season’s The Walking Dead. I truly believe you need to wear these when they come.
- The soles are rubber and nonskid – especially important when running through blood and gore.
- Poron XRD in the heel strike zone – shock absorption for running/jumping down from a two-story building
- Steel shank for stability – I bet twisted ankles are a likely reason to be bitten by a zombie – you got slowed down.
- Super sturdy pull tabs – hard to pull off which is good because you need snug shoes
- Thermo urethane outsole for improved resistance to hydrolosis (water damage) and microbial attack – germs, yo.
- Leather upper – easy to wipe down. The leather is tough and you can brush off or wipe down the boots. (Depends on which world you’re living in, right? TWD world or the real world.)
All kidding aside, if there was a natural disaster (we are in earthquake country), I’d be sure to bring these with me. I don’t have to deal with shoelaces, they’re leather, the soles are tough (to walk against glass and debris) and they’re comfortable. Let’s hope we don’t have to do this.
Big thanks to Blundstone for providing me a pair of boots for the zombie apocalypse (and normal daywear).
Do you have a pair of leather boots to rock in? Where would you wear your Blunnies?
Disclosure: Post contains affiliate links. I was provided a pair of Blundstones to facilitate this post; obvs, the above is my honest opinion.
AJ Feuerman (@ajfeuerman) says
OMG! They come in my size…. this is dangerous….