Post contains affiliate links. It’s been a month since I posted one of these! Let’s dive in on who won the internet in my world!
Who Won the Internet
- This ballet dancer is the only Arab in the Dutch National Ballet company. His father used to burn his dance clothes and beat him to try to get him to not dance. He just recently escaped Syria.
- Do you seem to have a plethora of friends and acquaintances who are combative on your social media? People who you ask yourself, “Why are we still friends?” This blog post made me laugh and nod my head multiple times.
- It’s the final season of Orphan Black. If you haven’t been watching, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. Two more episodes and the best actor on TV will be missed.
- As you know, I follow a ton of book bloggers (still). One of my favorite features to read is bloggers judging terrible book covers. In my decades of living, publishers continue to confuse readers with the most sh*teous book covers. It’s like they don’t want you to buy the book at all. Why is there a baby on this romance book cover?
- Stickers for the tips of penises. I dunno, guys. Why would you do this to yourself? Just use a condom. El stupido.
- One of the shoe blogs I follow (yes, I follow a shoe blog) featured these Vionic “Torri” high tops. They’re so cute. I am adding them to my wishlist.
- How to ‘rewire income disparity.’ You can help redistribute wealth by changing up where you shop, eat or sleep – just event a little. “So by getting people to change just five of 100 trips, the researchers saw the neighborhoods in their experiments become more economically balanced.”
- I live in jeans day in and day out. But yesterday I found a pair of pants that 1. fit and 2. look decent on me. Enter the Gap outlet’s girlfriend khaki pants! They’re on sale! (The green color online is not the same as the dark green that I bought in the store.)
Lastly, it is crazy hot and humid in LA. It’s earthquake weather. But in case it’s not, and you’re at a place where you need to fan yourself…
- I don’t want to be all “old lady” but I’ve had a folding fan stored in our diaper backpack for three years now. It is kind of wonky now, so I went to Daiso and bought a new one (paper) for $1.50. Lemme tell ya – when it’s friggin’ hot and you’re standing in line with a toddler (or baby), you need to be able to cool them off. These fans take so little room in your bag! If you don’t have children, it’s still a great buy to just have something with you – especially if you’re ever stuck on a plane or elevator or more lines (Disneyland, anyone?). If you don’t live near a Daiso, you can get one for $1.60 on Amazon. Hi. Go. Order it.
PS – I am seriously considering walking around with parasol or umbrella because it’s f*cking hot and sunny and I don’t want my kid or me to be burned alive.
So what’s been rocking your internet this week?
Post contains affiliate links.