Post and giveaway sponsored by Winter Fest. Enter below!
Confession time… but no, it’s not really a confession. Those of you who know me know that I hate cold weather and I don’t care for driving 2+ hours to get to a mountain with snow. If there is a chance for me to drive only an hour to get to snow, I will do it. Especially now that Toddler Spawn is in our lives. I want her to experience snow!
Winter Fest is coming back to town, starting next week. Bonus – it’s at the OC Fairgrounds. Yessssss – just off a freeway – my favorite kind of destination.
Five Reasons to Brave the 405 for Winter Fest
5. Three words: Festival of Lights! – Three more words: two million lights.
Now that would be a sight to see!
This spectacular light display is WALKABLE and set up so that your Little can, you guessed it, actually walk through it. If your little isn’t old enough to walk, babywearing is a terrific option!
4. Ice Rink with Polar Bear and Penguin helpers! – Toddler Spawn is a little young for this helper but your kids may be just the right age to learn how to skate with an assist from this awesome polar bear! The rink is housed in one of the expo halls and is open to all ages! Bring your own skates if you have them! **
Gotta watch out for this wacky polar bear-pushin’ speed demon! @winterfestoc ™@rachquiz #winterfestoc
3. Mini Shows! – Toddler Spawn just got into Thomas the Train, so this is a treat for her. There are several mini shows and meet n greets from all your (kids’) favorite shows!
- Thomas the Train
- Magic Tree House
- Dinosaur Train
- Bob the Builder
- and my
These mini shows and meet n greets are scheduled throughout the entire Winter Fest and at limited dates/times, so check the schedules!
Do not leave the house without checking the schedule first!
2. Mistletoe Lounge! – Food! We can’t leave out the food!
Don’t have children? Stop by the lounge for dranksss like craft beer, specialty cocktails and, of course, hot cocoa! There is also the Slipper Ski Lodge for family eats and dining. They’ll have your regular fare as well as tamales and dumplings! WHUT. Eat up, friends!
1. Oh hai, SNOW!!!!! – A Tree Lighting Ceremony is scheduled every evening at 5:30PM. This means snow falling from the sky and delighting everyone. The first time Toddler Spawn saw and touched snow, she was beside herself. It was amazing to see everything through her eyes (and short stature).
Buy your tickets online and save time!
Or… enter HERE for a chance to win a Family 4-pack of tickets! Like I’d leave you in a lurch. Come on!
Details: Entrants must be 18 years or older; US residents; you should probably be a SoCal resident – how else are you going to get to Costa Mesa, CA? Enter via the Gleam widget. Good luck!
Follow their social and get ticket info:
Winter Fest 2016 ticket information: https://winterfestoc.com/
Winter Fest Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
Winter Fest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/
Winter Fest Twitter: https://twitter.com/
** Ice Rink is additional fee of $10 ticket if you buy online. Get it online. Trust.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Winter Fest OC. All opinions my own. Now, scram.