How can you not jump around to this song?? Play it right now. I’ve even embedded the video. Go!
Thank you, Melissa of the Valentine RD, for awarding me the Sunshine Award! See? I bring sunshine to someone. Haven’t you seen my #Menday post? Hello – hot men on a blog. I watch shirtless men on TV so you don’t have to. Oh it’s a hard knock life…
Melissa threw out 10 questions for her awardees to answer. Here we go:
1. Â How old would you be if you could be any age and why?
Damnit. Well I’m middle-aged, but I would be this current age. Seeing that my birthday is TOMORROW, let’s just stay at this age. I don’t want to go backwards and relive any past mistakes. I like where I am. I’m comfortable in my skin. At this age, I know exactly which shade foundation works for me. I also know that well-manicured eyebrows works WONDERS for your face. Tell that to my 22-year old self. But I do wish I still had my 22-year old body. It would make clothes-shopping a lot easier.
2. Â What is something that you know how to do differently than others?
I don’t know if I do anything differently… I interview at jobs differently. I focus on whether I vibe with the hiring manager(s) or not. I test their knowledge. I test whether I’ll learn anything from them… because who wants to work 50 hours a week with people you have to manage up? Thankfully, I’ve been lucky to have amazing direct managers in my past corporate jobs, people I want to emulate, people I admire.
3. Â What would you do differently if you/no one else judged you (or wasnâ€™t illegal)?
I plead the fifth. It would be illegal.
4. Â What song do you love that most people would be shocked to know?
I think new people would be semi-shocked but everyone else knows I love “F*ck Tha Police” by NWA. It is a fantastic song to run to.
5. Â What is your favorite meal?
Three-way tie. I’ve always said that if I had a last meal on earth, it would be sushi, real tacos, and New York pizza.
6. Â What is the biggest personal change youâ€™ve ever made?
Starting my own business. Scary as f*ck.
7. Â What is your favorite movie?
Star Wars for the longest time. But these days, I don’t have one.
8. Â What is something you wish everyone knew about you?
I tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Other than that, I feel like I’m an open book. I do wish I didn’t have to explain my sense of humor or the voice of this blog.
9. Â Who is your celebrity crush?
Right now, have you seen these two guys?
Besides them, have you visited my MANfriends board on Pinterest? I’m so hetero, it’s a bit boring.
10. Â Whatâ€™s your mantra/life philosophy/favorite quote?
You are in charge of you. If you don’t like it, then go f*cking change it. We don’t live in Communist Russia, so quit yer whinin’.
- Include the Award Logo in your blog post (Do you see that big photo above?)
- Link to the person who nominated you (Durrrrr)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself (See above)
- Nominate 10 bloggers and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. (OK!)
Now is the time I get to nominate 10 bloggers and throw 10 questions at them.Â
1. Use a current or past TV show/movie title to describe your life right now.
2. Do you censor yourself on your blog? If yes, then to what extent?
3. Who is an underrated blogger in your opinion?
4. What do you think your next profession/career will be? (The average American has 3 careers in their lifetime.)
5. Have you ever sexted? (Liars, all of you.)
6. What is your most popular/most visited blog post? Link it!
7. If you couldn’t live in the United States, what country would you move to?
8. Give me a new man crush (or woman crush) that’s not mainstream. (I will subtract 1,000 points if you list Johnny Depp or any other “People’s Sexiest Man Alive.”)
9. What is a funny video you’ve seen on the internet? Link it!
10. What’s your mantra/philosophy that you live by? (Keeping Melissa’s question 10 because it’s awesome.)
Here are 10 bloggers I’d love to hear from:
- Nicole – The Funthusiast
- Xenia – Raised by Culture
- Veronica – VeronicaCid.com
- Maya – Heels and Chaos
- Debbie – Social Hospitality
- Erin – Horsing Around in LA
- Donna – Dangerous Cupcakes
- Cynthia – Kinda Silly Mommy
- Kriselle – Through the Eyes of a Cali Girl
- Jennifer – Real Moms of SFV
Looking forward to your answers! And readers, if I have any, I’d love to see your answers for these questions too. Please!