Disclosure: Post contains affiliate links. I am a Sweat Pink ambassador and received PRO Compression product to review. This post is my honest review and opinion.
If you’re a fan of my Facebook Page or follow me on Instagram, you’d have seen a few photos from the Disney Avengers 5K race! That was my first race since the baby was born – almost four months ago. It felt great to be out and running again.
As I think about which races to sign up for next year, I’ve compiled a Top 5 Running Essentials list!
Shall we take a gander?
Top 5 Winter Running Essentials – #HolidayRunList
5. Petzel Tikka 2 Headlamp – Safety first! The days are getting darker faster and if you’re like me, you’re probably wearing a lot of black when you run outdoors. Make it easy for vehicles and bicyclists and even pedestrians to see you coming. You can either wear this headlamp over your hat or wrap it your waistband or wrist so it’s flashing. I have this model and I’ve used it on non-running days as well. In fact, I’ve lit up sidewalks at night when there are no street lights out. (I’m looking at you, city of Fremont, CA.)
4. Nike capris. It’s getting colder and sometimes you just don’t want to wear your running shorts. I wear capris, which give me a little more coverage and still “shooszhes” me up. These Legend 2.0 capris are nice and snug and they won’t snag on anything. I may or may not have worn these post-partum as regular pants as well… They’re so comfy! And they don’t roll down at the waist. You know what I’m talkin’ ’bout, right?
3. Honey Stinger Energy Chews – This is some of the best tasting chews out there. There are some pretty gross energy chews on the market, and sometimes they just melt in your pocket. Gross. Honey Stingers are made with organic honey, organic evaporated cane juice among other things. They’re also gluten-free and dairy-free if you’re concerned about stomach issues. (I am.) I usually gobble up a couple at every mile with some water. (In addition to Kelly’s Running Warehouse, you can also get them on Amazon.)
2. Running belt – Let’s face it. Women’s clothing designers hate us and they like to NOT design pockets. What do you do? You wear a belt.
I like this one from Fitletic. They were formerly known as iFitness belts, and I have one of the original double pouch belts. The new ones are a little wider, which is great for storing your iPhone in them! I use one pouch for my iPhone and the other pouch for my ID, keys, and Stingers. I clip my iPod shuffle on the belt and I’m ready to go! I’ve owned mine for years, so one is all you need! (They also sell belts with hydration bottles, pouches, and so forth, but I’ve found that the two-pouch belt is perfect for me.)
1. PRO Compression calf sleeves – The best things to keep your calves snug and warm? Calf sleeves! If you’re training for a race like a 5K or longer, these will be your best friends. I wear calf sleeves to keep my legs warm and to help prevent shin splints. I also wear them after a long run or post-race. When I was pregnant, I wore calf sleeves whenever my legs felt tired. I absolutely believe in compression calf sleeves.
I ran into the PRO Compression booth at the Run Disney expo. I had to take a pic! That’s Baby Spawn who came along for the ride.
These PRO Compression calf sleeves are nice and tight on my legs, but they’re not so tight that they’re uncomfortable. I wore these after my 5K, and I felt great. In fact, I wore them to bed to make recovery quick. (A 5K usually doesn’t kill me, but since it was my first race in over a year and after having a baby, I really needed to rest afterward. I took two naps during the day while The Wife watched Baby Spawn. Two!!)
So there you have it! My top 5 picks for running in winter! What are your running essentials? Tell me in the comments!
PRO Compression Promo Code BONUS!
PRO Compression is offering a promo code for 40% OFF your order!! FORTY PERCENT OFF. Four. Zero.
Use the code: PINK2 and take 40% OFF your order! This is freaking amazing! I wish I had this promo code five years ago when I was training for my first half marathon! This promo code (PINK2) is good through December 15, 2014.
Check out the Calf Sleeves or the Marathon Socks. I love that there are a variety of colors offered. If I were a compression sock fan, I’d totally order several pairs – check out the colors and patterns! Plus, with 40% OFF, you could buy two pairs if you wanted.
I think this is a great deal for anyone who is training for a run or walk. If you have tired legs, I suggest you try out a pair of calf sleeves and see how your legs feel afterward.
Let me know if you end up ordering PRO Compression! What color did you choose??
Disclosure: Post contains affiliate links. I am a Sweat Pink ambassador and was sent PRO Compression calf sleeves for review. The above is my honest review and opinion.