I have been in search of a new flat iron for a year now. On and off. When flat irons first came on the scene, I picked up the CHI ceramic flat iron from Costco for about $80. It’s now about 8 years old and frizzes and fries my hair out. Basically, I’ve learned not to use it in the morning unless I’ve washed my hair the night before, so my hair isn’t double-fried by the hair dryer and the flat iron. (The problem with this method is that I tend to wash my hair in the mornings.)
The current hair stylist I go to used a BaByliss Pro Titanium flat iron on me and I saw such a difference in the way my hair laid and felt. I bought one on Amazon, but it was the wrong model. So goes my life. I returned it and am reordering the correct model.
Enough about my hair problems.
Here are my Friday Five:
1. Looking for flat iron suggestions, I ran into this blogger in my search! Iowa Girl Eats‘ post here has a couple of great ideas – hello, custom mini pies! and an orange ginger cocktail, I’m there.
2. BlogHer 2012. I had a conference call with my fellow speakers, Stacy Tamaki (The Flirty Girl) and Nora DePalma (Life Lessons Halfway Through) and a BlogHer rep, Polly Pagenhart (Lesbian Dad). I’m excited! I still have to organize my notes and send them to our team leader Stacy, but I’m excited!
3. Ann Curry ousted from The Today Show. Bleh. Why not oust Matt Lauer and Al Roker, and get us some younger good-looking men on the couch?
4. I signed up for a library card from the Monrovia Public Library. I’d never visited this library before, but it’s beautiful. Its “front yard” has dirt trails and a giant fountain. Its “back yard” is a park and more green space. It’s right smack in the middle of Old Town Monrovia off Myrtle.
5. Said new library card committed suicide in the toilet on the same day. Yep, just like my work Blackberry. I fished it out and washed it and disinfected it and washed it again.
Note to self: No more items in pockets when I use the restroom.