If you followed me last year, you’ll see my insane journey to find a laptop backpack that worked for me. Fast forward to now – The Wife took my backpack to Poland!
Thanks to the team at Solo, I’ve been test-driving the Momentum Backpack. It’s a laptop backpack that’s nicely priced (less than $60!) and it makes me look fashionable. Plus it’s not leather. (Why would you use a leather.laptop.backpack? It’s so heavy!)
If you’re looking for a laptop backpack that doesn’t have a ton of bells and whistles, this may be your bag. I like how it doesn’t make me look like I’m 15 and headed to high school.
It’s the Friday Five! Let me show you my five favorite features of the Momentum laptop backpack.
Five Favorite Features: Solo “Momentum” Backpack
5. Material and Looks – Let’s be honest. If you have eyeballs, the first thing you do is look with your eyes. This is a slick pack with simple detailing that works. Nothing is loose and dangly. There’s a side zipper pocket, which I love, as well as a small outside pocket. The exterior is cotton canvas; the flap and bottom feels like vegan leather. The interior is a nice olive green and it’s nylon-y. This is great because you can spot things easily with a lighter colored interior.
Best of all, it doesn’t look like a laptop backpack. You don’t even have to use it as a laptop backpack. I like this very much.
4. Flap and zipper top – SO…. The reason why I hate flap-top backpacks is because there is a high chance for all of your stuff to spill out when it’s flipped upside down or sideways. I hate flap-top backpacks, even if there is a drawstring (which I also hate). The thought of someone easily stealing my stuff or things falling out of my pack bothers me to no end.
The Momentum has a zipper top and the flap is an added detail. It keeps it closed with its adjustable snap buttons. That’s double protection. (Sidenote: speaking of double protection… double bagging doesn’t work so knock it off.)
3. Cushioned Top Handle – The top handle connects both shoulder straps and is reinforced with the same material as the flap top. Sometimes you only get a nylon strap as a top handle on standard backpacks. This is not it. It’s cushioned as well!
2. Inner Organizer Pockets – There are two deceptively deep (but looks small) interior pockets that can hold my large wallet, smartphone, pens, markers, portable chargers and large Trader Joe’s chocolate bar. Yeah I said it, chocolate.
You wouldn’t think that they’d hold that much, but they do and they keep small, loose things organized. (There are also two “pen” pockets stitched in, if you need easy access to your pens.) In addition, there is a very lightly padded pocket for your iPad, separated from the laptop compartment.
1. Price and Size – I’m the Asian Goldilocks when it comes to bags. We all know I’m a bag lady. The dimensions of this bag are: 18″ tall x 12.25″ wide x 5″ thick. The pack is perfect for my Macbook Pro laptop, three spiral notebooks (my paper planner, PowerSheets workbook and work notebook) plus my miscellaneous stuff like charger, snacks, water bottle, wallet and makeup bag. I’m considering bringing this pack to ExpoWest this year instead of my totebag.
While the pack is fashionable and functional, it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. The Momentum pack will run you $59.99. That’s it! (I found it on eBags for $52.99, plus don’t forget to use ebates for cashback! Amazon has it for $54.49!)
Be forewarned, there is no water bottle holder. I guess hipsters don’t drink water or they hydrate by osmosis. Ha! You could put a bottle in the big compartment – that works too!
Special thanks to the SOLO team for letting me test-run my new best friend!
Post contains affiliate links.
Students love to get such bags because the college life awaits for such things, but I am also eager to get like this one helpful and make my traveling easy. The best backpack of mine is the wallet which keeps my all tracks at one place. The concept is only the big to small!
AJ Feuerman says
I still love it. Although they do have some on their website that look like they’d hold a water bottle!
I just noticed at $5 off coupon on Amazon! Score!