One of the cool things about belonging to the Sweat Pink community is the variety of fitness bloggers I can tap into and read. Not everyone is a yogi nor are they paleo. [/sarcasm]
This week, I learned about National Stroller Running Day, which will take place on November 8, 2014. What perfect timing, right? I’ve got to get back into training, I’ve got a stroller, I’m getting a new sports bra, and oh hey, I have a baby to put in the stroller!
The Day celebrates families and their commitment to a healthy lifestyle. If there’s one habit or hobby I’d want Baby Spawn to adopt from me, it’d be staying active and healthy. (Well, I’d love for her to be a bookworm too.)
Here’s how to get involved:
- Head over to RunStrollerRun and find a stroller-friendly and/or family-friendly race in your area;
- Set out on your own run with your family;
- Organize a race! Ask participants to bring a package of diapers to donate to a local nonprofit;
- Sign up to participate in the next Moms-in-Training program in your area;
- Join a Stroller Strides (Fit4Mom) group in your community; or
- Just get out there with your family and friends and be active on November 8!
There’s also a Twitter party going on on November 4 at 5:00pm PST/8:00pm EST. Use the hashtag #strollerrun14 and join other mamas in the conversation! There will be prizes!
Sponsors of the National Stroller Running Day include BOB Strollers, New Balance, FIT4MOM, Linkouture, and the head bloggers spearheading this movement are Mom’s Little Running Buddy and RunStrollerRun. (Great job, mamas!)
Sidenote: I was at my breastfeeding support group the other day, and one of the mamas recommended Stroller Strides (now known as FIT4MOMS). How appropros that they are sponsors of this Day!
Where will you run on November 8th? Tell me in the comments!
Disclosure: Durrrrr. No disclosure needed. I think this is brilliant and important for me to spread the word on my blog.