Happy Thanksgiving weekend! Hope you are having fun times with the family members you do like. Hope that the ones you can’t stand are leaving you alone.
Since I missed Friday, here are today’s Cyber Monday winners!
Who Won the Internet
5. My MF Instant Pot – It was on sale on Black Friday and now it’s back on sale for Cyber Monday! I posted my affiliate link out to friends, and I think I have a gaggle of Instant Pot owner-friends to form a Facebook Group.
I hope you consider picking one up. It is a game changer in terms of time. I am on the clock as soon as I pick up Toddler Spawn from daycare. I am SCRAMBLING to get her home, snacked, washed up and settled while I start to cook dinner. It is like a mad dash every evening, and it f-ing blows. I have a lot of anxiety between 5pm and 7pm. With the Instant Pot, I’ve been able to cut down on scrambling because I make large meals in less than 20 minutes and have extra for the next night (or lunches for me).
Is it me or do I sound like a cross-fit person when I talk about the Instant Pot? I find myself praising it all the time – I’ve made two cheesecakes (Oreo and Thin Mints), oxtail stew, rice (in 3 minutes!), spaghetti squash, pasta bolognese, meatballs… The one thing I think it doesn’t do well is poultry. I’ve wasted a whole small chicken and prefer it barbecued or roasted. So if someone has a good recipe or technique to cook a whole chicken in it, let me know! Otherwise, it’s going in the oven or bbq.
4. Gilmore Girls – Many of my friends and I streamed this over Thanksgiving weekend. Overall, it was OK. It was nice to see my favorite characters, Michel, Lorelai, Emily and even Paris, evolve. Rory? Meh. She is now a 32-year old woman and the stuff she was doing? So wrong.
Some nitpicky things:
- Emily’s maid situation. Not funny and kind of dumb.
- Lane’s hair was bad. It made me mad.
- Also why didn’t Rory and Lane have any meaningful conversations together?
- No one needs to see a Mr. Kim. Ever.
- I know they had to keep Kirk in the show, but he makes me rage. So does the troubadour.
- Sookie not working the kitchen? Weird.
- Why hadn’t they made Michel a partner in the last 10 years?
They threw in a The Wire joke not even 10 minutes into the show. Thumbs up.
Ok and a “five by five” mention. High five, guys.
3. The Edge of Seventeen – Do yourself a favor and watch this movie. There are a lot of times where it made me feel uncomfortable because it is about a teenage girl and her struggles. She’s not exactly set up to be a hero. It’s just a slice of time in her life we are watching. The Wife and I were talking about this film afterward. If it was a story about a teen boy, it’d have been made into some slapstick. It’s so rare to see a movie about a teenage girl that isn’t about rape, murder or a remake, right? Give your dollars to it.
2. One of my best friends sent this video to me, and I laughed my butt off. I am a former Disneyland ride operator (back in my undergrad), and while this wasn’t my exact experience, I’ve seen it happen to people. This guy worked in the parks at Walt Disney World, and I’m sure it resonates with those cast members, too.
1. Cultivate What Matters CyberMonday Sale – While the one workbook sale is over, the holiday bundles are still going on strong today. Read more about goal planning with PowerSheets in my past blog posts. If you’ve been thinking about setting up a solid year (or six months) of GSD (getting sh*t done), you might want to consider ordering PowerSheets.
Post contains affiliate links.