Last Fall, I was selected to be a brand ambassador for Jane Strollers. They sent over a Rider stroller for Spawn and a million months later, I want to show it off in a full review.
If you’re not familiar, Jane Strollers is a high-end Spanish brand of strollers. Think Uppababy, Nuna, Bugaboo, Stokke or Doona… but European. They’ve come to the US market with guns blazing. If you’ve been following me on Instagram or the hashtag #whereistrollmyjane, you’ll see how we ambassadors have trekked with their babies in Janes!
Jane Rider Stroller Review
What I Like About My Jane Rider Stroller
- The suspension – You can adjust the suspension on the stroller. If you’re walking on gravelly ground, grass, the mall or dirt path, you can adjust how much shock absorption is needed to keep it a smooth ride for the baby.
- Cushy seat – there is a great cushy insert that goes on top of the stroller seat (which is already cushy). I really like that it feels comfortable for Spawn, especially if we are out for over an hour with a stroller. The fabric can be unzipped and throw in the wash – yay!
- The seat can moved to face you or face out! I love this because I did not want Spawn to be overstimulated when she was younger. I also wanted to have access to her immediately by facing her towards me.
- The seat sits higher on the stroller. This means baby and you have a better view of each other (when facing in) and of the view!
- Easy to Fold and Unfold – It’s easy with one foot on the side lever and one hand on the handle to unfold the Jane Rider. It’s also easy to close up the stroller, though it takes two hands, so you’ve got to either put the baby in the car seat or someone else has to hold the baby while you do this.
- Adjustable handle/pushbar for tall and short (me) people! You can angle the pushbar up, down, straight, and you can also pull up the handle if you’re a taller person. Then you’re not hunched over while pushing.
- Sturdy, Well-Designed – This is not a flimsy stroller. It is well constructed and I feel confident in using this anywhere.
- Jogging strap attached – safety! No runaways strollers here!
- Handbrake! I don’t like brakes that you have to kick with your feet. The brake is right at your fingertips, which is awesome if you need to quickly stop your stroller.
- Comes with a matching diaper bag (messenger bag) that you can hang on the push bar!
I always get stopped when we are out and about with our stroller. People come up and ask us what brand of stroller we have. Our family members have also mentioned that the stroller is easy to push and turn.
When we went to Disneyland for the first time with Baby Spawn (actual going into the park) this year, we were stopped by no less than four different families. I was pretty excited to show off our Jane!
What I Don’t Like About My Jane
- Handle sometimes leaves rubber smell on your hands
- Bulky – I have to take the seat off the stroller and pack it in the trunk in two separate pieces
- Small storage basket
- On the heavier side at 26 lbs. – Just note this is a full-size stroller, not a compact.
Overall, The Wife and I have enjoyed our Jane Rider stroller over the last year. It is always in our car trunk because you never know when you need to babywear or stroll or both!
The retail price on our 2014 Rider stroller is $599.99. The 2015 model is $650.00, and its extended canopy is now SPF50, which helps in sunny California. It also comes with the bassinet so you don’t have to purchase separately! The handle is now made of polyurethane which may cut out the rubber smell. A new shopping bag is also included! Dang. I kind of wish I trialed the 2015 model!
If you’re in the market for a heavy duty, higher end stroller, I would suggest you check out the Rider. Take it for a test spin, see if it works for your lifestyle!
Disclosure: I was a Jane Strollers ambassador. We were provided a complimentary Rider stroller for my honest opinion above. Post contains affiliate links.