Those popular brands of diaper bags have got nothing on Haruhonpo bags and backpacks. When we first registered for a diaper bag, we chose a namebrand tote. I soon realized a backpack was more useful for our babywearing lifestyle. Not only that, it was just easier to carry without straps slipping off my shoulder.
This year, Haruhonpo sent over their newest print Sakura as a Drawstring/Top Cover Backpack. Now, I’m not a fan of drawstrings because I’m afraid stuff will fall out when the bag tumbles. Well, this is a keeper! The drawstring allows me to stuff it to the brim plus store my Tula baby carrier!
Let’s count the ways I love this Haruhonpo Sakura diaper backpack!
Haruhonpo Sakura Diaper Backpack’s Five Best Features
5. So many pockets! This is probably my favorite feature because mama needs pockets for everything! If you need to have compartments for bottles, wipes, diapers, extra socks, clothes, snacks… This is the brand for you. In all the backpacks and bags, Haruhonpo offers eight (8!!!!) interior pockets – elasticized, set and zippered compartments (one is a water-resistant).
In addition to the backpack, it comes with two portable zipper bags. Two. One can be used for bottles or even makeup. The other is a flatter, padded, double-zip pouch.
4. Padded and structured to stand up on its own. The backpack does sit on its own, so nothing leans forward and crashes down. The shoulder straps are also padded for comfort. Do you see those outside elasticized pockets? (There is also a small zip in the front and… (see the next bullet)…
3. Two large back side-zip (security) pockets! These are fantastic! I love them for putting my wallet and keys for security.
2. So lightweight! While this pack can carry a ton of things, it’s relatively lightweight! It’s about ONE pound when empty. One!
Need more specs?
- Super light but big capacity only weight 1lbs.
- There are 13 (!!!) storage compartment to store different type of items for easy access.
- Width 38cm x heigh 42cm x thickness 20cm.
- Accessories: chest strap, insulated bag, storage bags for stroller.
1. MacGyver backpack. While this is a pack I would highly recommend for new parents who need a ton of space in their bag, I really like this pack for Toddler Spawn too. We traveled with it as a carry-on as well as our go-to pack when we were actually at Walt Disney World. We could throw our light jackets, snacks, pull-ups and wipes as well as roll up our Tula right on top. We secured our Tula with the flap-top and buckled it tight. LOVE!
This is still our everyday Toddler backpack as well as our travel pack. MacGyver!
What other features do you look for in a diaper bag/backpack? Let me know in the comments!
Special thanks to the Haruhonpo team for sending yet another functional, stylish and lightweight bag for us to review.
Follow @haruhonpousa on Instagram!