It’s been a hairy month. We had a death in the family. I single-mom’d it for a week. My biggest accomplishment was driving Toddler Spawn and me to my mom’s and to my sister-in-law’s houses over Mother’s Day weekend. If you don’t remember, Spawn loathes long car rides. I was able to zonk her out before each 1.5 to 2 hour drive one-way. WHEW, y’all. Whew. I can’t wait til she turns two so I can forward-face her carseat.
Who Won the Internet
5. Blog posts by my community:
- Thien-Kim wrote about female friendships. I found myself nodding to all of her points. I’m not an introvert but man, I do wish I could just divorce a gang of my long-time friends. You know how there’s that history between you and it seems that that is the glue that won’t unstick? Yeah.
- Melissa’s now-six month old son has to wear the helmet. For twenty three hours per day. 23!! He only gets one hour of freedom. I feel for him.
- Laura kicked some pixie ass at the Tinkerbell Half Marathon! I love this! It makes me want to go back to running regularly and signing up for another Disney race.
- Lindsay won a MF bike! Does goodnessknows and Public Bikes not know that I live next to a bike path? Congrats to Lindsay – it looks like an awesome bike to pedal with Baby Awesome!
4. Why Do Poor People ‘Waste’ Their Money on Luxury Goods – this is a great read because I find that people who judge “poor people” are usually judging race. In my experience, it is usually people of color who get The Look when you see them wearing “nicer” clothes or holding a designer handbag. “You have no idea what you would do if you were poor until you are poor.”
The author also writes: “There is empirical evidence that women and people of color are judged by appearances differently and more harshly than are white men. What is remarkable is that these gatekeeperstold me the story. They wanted me to know how I had properly signaled that I was not a typical black or a typical woman, two identities that in combination are almost always conflated with being poor.”
3. On a lighter note, we have the title to the Gilmore Girls reunion!
— Netflix US (@netflix) May 20, 2016
2. Grace and Frankie – Season 2. Before I knew it, I finished the whole season! I loved it more than the first season! Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are magical. I can watch them go back and forth forever. Grace’s daughter Brianna is probably my favorite.
1. My babywearing blog’s Facebook Page. It just jumped to 10,000 LIKES tonight! I am so happy!