It’s been a long week. How are you? I’ve missed weight training for three weeks straight. I’m going to meet with a trainer today so he can review my form. My lower back gets a dull pain after a weightlifting session. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong or if I’m just sitting wrong at my desk.
But who cares about my lower back? Let’s talk about what’s making me happy this week!
Five Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
5. Heywood. Two words: GRILLED CHEESE. This place is right next to Stark Waxing Studio, my waxing place. (Yeah, get waxed, eat grilled cheese. And next door to them is Lark Cake Shop!) I finally stopped in for lunch this week. I chose the Heywood grilled cheese – English white cheddar, caramelized onions confit on grilled sourdough. I chose right. The sammie comes with a small cup of tomato soup and a side salad – I didn’t even know – bonus!
They also offer vegan grilled cheese in the name of Bill Clinton!
4. Spotify. Â iTunes got rid of their Radio optionÂ to make way for iTunes Radio so I’m stuck trying to create playlists for myself. Ugh. I’m terrible at this. Luckily Spotify lists popular songs and popular LISTS by other people, and I’ve found new songs through these to add to my running playlist. I mean, I can’t loop “22” (Taylor Swift) for 3 hours. I just can’t.
3. Spinning. Just because I haven’t been lifting weights doesn’t mean I haven’t been exercising. The teachers at my Crunch are fantastic. They make me happy. I’m impressed with the teachers’ music selections. They’ve played Capital Cities, Alphabeat, Rihanna, AC/DC, Collective Soul (!!), Soundgarden, Matt & Kim, Kanye, Karmin, Britney, Passion Pit and many others. I’m waiting for one of them to play Taylor Swift, New Kids on the Block or Nsync. It would complete the cheese factor and it.would.be.awesome!
2. Trader Joe’s cold brew coffee concentrate. HOLLA at yo’ girl! I opened this sucker up after I finished my own homemade cold brew. This is fantastic if you are lazy. I’ve been drinking it 1:1 with water and condensed milk and a drop of half & half plus ice. It’s very smooth and has a distinct coffee taste to it. This is hard to explain – it’s not like it’s made from fresh beans the way my homemade cold brew is. I’ll be picking up a couple more bottles to store when I’m lazy to make my own cold crew. (This does not make 12 servings. It’s made about 6 for me. Granted, I drink this from a 20-oz double-walled Wonder Woman cup.)
You ready for #1?
Wait, get your drinks up in the air.
1. THE PARTY AIN’T OVER. AJ mentioned The Party. I tweeted her back. Angelique tweeted us both and showed us THIS:Â https://www.facebook.com/ThePartyAintOver. *head exploding* Then check THIS OUT:Â http://thepartyaintover.com/. If you grew up on The New MMC, you know who The Party is. They’re back.
I can’t even put this into words. It makes me happy. It makes me laugh. I can’t wait to listen to their new album.
I showed you mine. Now you show me yours. What’s making you happy this week??