Post contains affiliate links.
Oh do I have a good one for you this week! Here we go.
Who Won the Internet
5. AB FAB: The Movie! We had the pleasure of seeing the movie earlier this week! I loved it! It such a fun movie with so many cameos and callbacks! Poor Saffy – she is still miserable with taking care of the household. Ha! I wrote a post on how to best friend like Patsy and Eddy. Enjoy!
4. Inkwell Press Planner’s Imperfect Sale – Well, it has been bought-en. It took me a couple weeks to research paper planners. In the end, the price and fit were my biggest factors in ordering an Inkwell Press Planner. There is currently an “imperfect” sale – and I snagged one for 40% off. It is also a great way to test out a paper planner without shelling out tons of money.
3. Rodan + Fields. This is kind of nuts. We got an email with an offer for new Consultants who sign up now. If you sign up as a Consultant on my team, you get a FREE REDEFINE Regimen! This is the #1 anti-aging skincare regimen in the US!
Now if you sign up with a $695 or $995 business kit, you essentially get two (2!) free regimens. (You already get a regimen of choice with a $695 or $995 kit.) This offer is good only until Sunday July 24 – so if you’ve been watching me on the sidelines, now is the time to run with me!
I’m happy that I signed up when I did, but man, I would love to sign up again just to get this deal. It’s almost a $400 value (the REDEFINE regimen retails for $193 plus your regimen of choice). If you don’t want to sell, you don’t have to. You can sign up as a Consultant to take advantage of this and not sell/work the business.
Shoot me an email or ping me if you want more info!
2. First Lady Michelle Obama in Carpool Karaoke! She will be missed when a new President takes over next year. There will be no other with-it First Lady or President.
1. Kim Kardashian on my Facebook feed. Kim Kardashian was recently named keynote for this year’s BlogHer and it was greeted with a lot of “WTF?” comments. My first reaction was “whut.” I had mixed feelings because I find the entire family to be very calculating. Yet I can’t believe I am defending her.
She is perfect for BlogHer. KK’s social media prowess and business sense has pushed her to the cover of Forbes. I make fun of her and her sex tape beginnings, and I can see that she made $bazillions of lemonade out of that lemon. You can dislike her celebrity but you cannot discount her business acumen. She seized the MF day (with her shark mom).
One argument I’ve seen on the threads is that Kim Kardashian “sells her body (selfies) and exploits her children” for money. Um. Pot, meet kettle. That’s taking it to the extreme. There are plenty of bloggers who take selfies and stylized pictures of their lives and children – and get paid sponsorships. In fact, I’d rather scroll down KK’s Instagram than an “mom/family/fashion/beauty influencer” because at least I know what I’m getting.
I’ll be sticking around for this clown show at BlogHer. PS – SheKnows media (who is running BlogHer these days) knows exactly what they’re doing. Look at all the free press they’re getting from all of us!
I’m also looking forward to hearing Sarah Michele Gellar at BlogHer. You don’t ignore MF Buffy.
There you have it.
Who won your internet this week?
Post contains affiliate links.