Did you get tricked today? Ugh. Hate April Fool’s Day. You?
Last week I had jury duty. I gave my reason for not being able to sit for this particular case, and I was excused. Whew. But during that time, work just kept piling up. Calling in for jury duty is like a weird form of Russian Roulette, don’t you think? Anyway, let’s get on with it.
Who Won the Internet
5. Team Beyonce. Lululemon really messed up on this. Don’t ever try to throw shade to Queen Bey. I mean, even I know that. From the dumb CEO comments to the see-through yoga pants, Lululemon has their work cut out for them. I feel for the social media person who had to press “post.”
@MafiaPrincessM We hear you. We never meant any harm with the original post.
— lululemon athletica (@lululemon) March 31, 2016
4. Hamilton. First the cast showed up at the White House. Yes yes, it’s an old post. But I haven’t been able to post a Friday Five in a while, so I’m including it here, damnit.
Then, my new favorite actress who plays the best mom character on TV right now, Constance Wu, tweeted this. Preach.
Hey white ppl complaining abt #Hamilton cry me a fucking river;POC feel this every day of our lives & u have to feel it once? Boo fuckin hoo
— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) March 31, 2016
3. Carol. We’re like six season into The Walking Dead, yet she’s not the leader? Rick is dumb. His plans are dumb. Carol is a badass. I mean who saw that machine gun scene?
2. Me. This is my face. As you know, I’m a Consultant with Rodan + Fields skincare. I didn’t think the products would work on my messed up, sun damaged face. But it did. (I first signed up because of the discount; The Wife uses the products and his skin has never been clearer.) 60 days later, here is my skin. It’s brighter, smoother, and there are no breakouts. (I’m only wearing eyebrow pencil and eyeliner in the latest photo.) I wouldn’t talk about the company if I didn’t believe in the products.
If you know me in real life, you know I didn’t take direct sales companies seriously. I judged the people who sold products. I side-eyed certain companies and their philosophies. I’m now eating my words. The stories I read when I dig through and meet consultants? The stories are what made me rethink direct sales. This company is awesome. I’m learning a new skill set. Who knew!?
I’ll write a post about this some other time.
And the number one thing that won the internet for me….
1. Daredevil – Season 2. It’s so good. You have to be a Netflix subscriber to stream the series. I love the itty bitty cross-references: Jessica Jones, The Avengers, …. Since Spawn does not sleep through the night, I am up at all hours still. STILL. You want to see a sleep deprived person in her second year of motherhood? I’m right here. Anyway, I stream a couple episodes when I can (ie. when I’m still awake and trying to get Spawn to sleep). I’m enjoying the heck out of Punisher and Elektra. Watch this.
And there you have it. Late but still in time!
What’s won your internet this week?
Post contains affiliate links.