Who’s got two thumbs and is dealing with a cold? This guy. I was doing so well, taking care of Spawn all week. She’s been sick, and I guess it caught up with me. I’m missing out on some Chinese New Year family stuff but that’s OK. I would feel the wrath of god if I got any of my pregnant family members sick. It’s not worth it.
Let’s do this. This past week, it’s all about the ladies.
Who Won the Internet
5. JOOGII Design‘s “French Touch” chair. My friend and former colleague Juliette Mutzke-Felippelli designed this chair and it’s been featured on a ton of design sites. Today, it was featured on Fast Company Design! Kudos to my pal Juliette and her new design company JOOGII.
4. Amber Rose. I didn’t know much about her except that she dated Kanye West a million years ago. Then he went on to marry Kim Kardashian. But in one fell swoop last week, she pwnd him.
It all started when Kanye and Wiz Khalifa tweeted each other about Kanye’s new album. Then all hell broke loose.
But Amber Rose floated by like the delicate butterfly that she is and killed it. <– Click link for NSFW tweet.
(This isn’t the first time Amber Rose raised her phoenix wings to stomp on Kanye’s gossipy mouth. He just can’t get over her…)
She also penned an article for freaking Time Magazine.
3. Sephora + Minnie Mouse. I’m not a Disney freak like my pal Jen but I do like makeup. This line should be released in April.
Here’s a peek at the upcoming #SephoraCollection and #Minnie exclusive products only at @sephora! Now, tag that bestie who will love this 😍 Coming in April 2016 #makeup #cosmetics #beauty #SephoraCollection #MinnieStyle #Disney #Sephora
2. Direct Sales friends. As you may know, I signed up to be a Rodan + Fields consultant last month. I’ve been using the products and I’ve seen a difference in my skin. I felt self-conscious announcing my new side gig. Prior to this, I had poo-poo’d direct sales/MLM businesses.
My giant box of awesome just came in! I signed up as a #rodanandfields skincare consultant. Because who needs sleep? (tm-Barenaked Ladies) Ask me anything about the business, why I joined or product info. These are the same docs who originally created Proactiv, which I used when I was younger. They have four lines – Soothe, Reverse, Unblemish and Redefine. I’m using Reverse and The Wife uses Unblemish. And away we go! #skincare @rodanfields #wahm
A photo posted by Chris Lam (@thechrislam) on
Fast forward to three weeks later. I hope that my network keeps an open mind to not only my direct sales side gig but all other direct sales gigs. It is not easy starting a business. It is not easy to reach out and pitch your network, especially when your network contains snarky, side-eyeing friends like me. (Imagine my own network – it’s like Snarkville, population 10,000.) So I ask my friends, family and network to keep an open mind when someone pitches you. For some introverts, it took some courage.
With that, I’ll keep my own mind open when a friend starts their own business via direct sales.
Lastly, our number one….
1. My friend Jen of The Jenternet. She made these hysterical Real Housewives and Bravo stickers. I need these.
After an annoyingly expensive day (🚕 repair) making stickers with the Real Housewives emoji app made me feel better. Now I can express my emotions through them.
A photo posted by Jen (@thejenternet) on
So what about you?
What won your internet this week?
Post contains affiliate links.