It’s the first Friday Five of 2016. How was your last week of 2015? How was your first week of 2016?
Ready to get this party started? Let’s go.
Friday Five: Who Won the Internet
5. Channing Tatum performs “Let It Go” on Lip Sync Battle (against his wife). Potatohead has solidified himself on my Hall of Fame. The new season of Lip Sync Battle premiered last night and this cracks me up. Jenna Dewan Tatum wins IMO but he did good with freaking Beyonce as his co-pilot.
4. Soul Cycle + Target collaboration. I haven’t tried a Soul Cycle class but I do love me some spinning! Now two of my favorite things have partnered to create a pop-up line. Whut. If you’re a freak about Soul Cycle and Target, here are some of the clothing for sale soon. Sign up for a free ride (class).
3. Oxtail soup. My cousin made two giant Crockpots full of oxtail for Christmas Eve. It was so delicious, I outright took some home with me. She sent me the recipe by Stupid Easy Paleo, and I’ve since made it twice in a week and a half.
Success! It’s delicious. Thanks @katarang_ for pointing to @stupideasypaleo’s #oxtail #oxtailstew #recipe! I did not have fish sauce or allspice I hand but it still came out awesome. That piece of oxtail is the size of my fist. Yum. (It not paleo anymore as I threw in cooked macaroni pasta under it.) #paleo #notpaleo #blogger
2. It’s A Wonderful Life is a crap movie. I’m so glad someone wrote this. I don’t see the appeal of this movie. Someone spelled it out perfectly. It’s about settling. This segues right into my #1.
1. Word for 2016. Do you do this? It’s kind of like a new year’s resolution but better. There is no list of crap to promise yourself you’ll do like lose weight or be happy. It’s an intention.
I was going to write this long post about 2015 and how it led to my word for 2016. I never do these “words” because nothing really stuck to me. Until last year. I look back and I described my 2015 as “blessed.” Despite some hiccups, overall, I was blessed. If you know me, you know that I never use that word, and it’s not just because I abhor its connection to religion. Before the year ended, I was fortunate to sign new clients. Another door opened for me in a different way, and I thought about how to work this other opportunity. My word for 2016? Commit.
Here are several more terrific blog posts about intention for 2016, or “word for 2016”:
- Melissa at The Valentine RD spells out GRIM.
- AJ at Confessions of a Fat Girl threw a new mantra on the wall.
- Jen at The Jenternet has some heavy goals on the media-consumption front.
- Alyssa and April set their intentions on Double Chin Diary.
- Madeline has a new focus this year on A Mad Vox.
Do you have a “word” for 2016?
What’s won the internet in your neck of the woods?
AJ Feuerman (@ajfeuerman) says
I hate It’s a Wonderful Life. I don’t get it. Never have. That movie depressed the SHIT outta me and it’s sooooooo long. Loved that read.
My word is focus. I want to focus on what’s important to me. Also, just finally watched that lip sync battle. Hilarious! And thanks for the shout out. 🙂
Word of intention. I like that. Thanks for the mention and happy new year to you!