The Disneyland Half Marathon is this Sunday. I am kind of ready. That’s not really the right answer but it’s my honest answer. I ran a 10-miler last Sunday to prep. It hurt.
But who cares about my pain. Let’s talk about this past week. I’ve had a major week, and it’s not even over. Here are…
5 Things That Are Making Me Happy:
5. My friend Gerrard Panahon.Â In 2007 (?), I attended an MBA conference in Minneapolis. I was interviewing for a fancy MBA job with Target, aka. Mecca, at the conference. Spoiler alert: I got to fly back to MN for a second/final interview, and I didn’t get the job. Yes, Virginia, there are MBA conferences for b-school students. That is where I met Gerrard. I asked him to take a pic of my school group, and we became friends ever since.
Fast forward to the past few years, Gerrard is not only a brainiac (and holds an MBA), he’s a rising star on YouTube. Gerrard is the creator of Filipino Food Fridays as well as a few other themed video products. He makes me laugh all.day.long. I think you should have a look-see and then SUBSCRIBE TO HIS DAMN CHANNEL. Do it for me. Do it for the chil’ren.
You know I won’t steer you wrong… especially when it comes to video. I will stop and watch Gerrard’s videos anytime. (You know I hate me some video and vlogs, and I LOVE Gerrard’s videos… see???)
4. The LA County Fair opens today!! I’ve got a blog post coming up soon about this. Actually I have TWO blog posts. One is going up on Along Comes Mary‘s blog as I went on a search for gluten-free foods at the fair. My post here will be more “Oh look, I ran into all my favorite bloggers!” and “yum, fried.”
Maybe I said “Gluten-free me, bitch” to the Tasti Chips people. The new season of “Breaking Bad” will do that to ya. (No, I didn’t say that to the Tasti Chips people. That’s just rude.)
3. My new “LA” running hat!Â You know I love me some “LA” gear. I’m quite tempted to get this LA logo tattoo’d on my arm, but The Wife pointed out that the “LA” logo is a Dodgers logo. I don’t care. It’s classic. Since this is a Nike dri-fit hat, it wicks sweat off very well. It also fits great since there’s a velcro band in the back, and it’s lightweight.
2. Point Break LIVE! There are only a few more performances left. I urge you to go get tickets NOW because they sell out every performance. They pick an audience member to play Keanu Reeves’ character – we got a great guy who was totally game. My favorite actor was the woman who played the “PA.” Hilarious!
There’s a warning about getting wet in the show – we didn’t heed that warning. They should really say “You are getting wet, guaranteed, so listen when we say bring a rain jacket or buy a poncho.”
Come on now, you know what’s number one this week.
1. Taylor Swift.Â … because The Wife loves me and bought me tickets.
T-Swift did not disappoint when she came to town! It was a spectacle. The concert. The fans at Staples Center. The Wife wore earplugs. I… did not. What? Did you say something?Â Oh that’s just me. Deaf from all the girls and boys screaming. Next to me. Behind me. I was also blinded by the blinking signs. Next to me. In front of me. What? Sonny, speak up, this old lady can’t hear.
WhileÂ AJÂ ofÂ Confessions of a Fat GirlÂ got Ellie Goulding as T-Swift’s special guest, we got… J-LO. *throws hands in the air, shakes fist* J-Lo redeemed herself in my and The Wife’s eyes when she came out to sing “Jenny from the block.” Bwahaha! It was fabulous!
I half expected Kanye to join the stage as the special guest. Wouldn’t that have been funny?
Kidding aside, it was a fun production.Â Ed Sheeran was the opener and he came out to do their song together. I loved that our cheap seats in the back corner gave us the best seat when T-Swift walked to the back of Staples Center and performed. Yay, thanks, girl!
We’ve made it. It’s another end of week! What’s making you happy this week??Â
Also, if you are in the Orange County area, please note that Anaheim WILL have street closures on Sunday, September 1 for the Disneyland Half. Sorry, gangstas, you’ll have to wait for us fatties (read: me) to finish running through the streets of Anaheim before you can drive on Ball, State College, etc.
*waves* Have a wonderful Disneyriffic weekend!