Post contains affiliate links.
This year marks Year Two of my being a mom. Seriously, they let anyone have a kid? ‘murica!
Another year, another cycle of looking for the best swimsuits for new moms. If you’re like me, you’re still nursing, so here are my parameters this summer. They are nearly identical to my first post from last year:
- Supportive top (clasps/hooks in the back, if possible) – Saggy boobs are not helpful when running after a tiny human. Just like a sports bra, a supportive swim top helps keep the ladies in place.
- Easy access to boobs – I feel like that’s everyone’s favorite wish. *zing!* What I mean is that it should be easy to pull down to nurse a baby (or toddler).
- Covered bottom (and front) – If you have a perceptive toddler like mine, they’ll zero in on an unflattering part of your body and poke at it.
- Easy to pull down one-pieces or two-pieces – … because when you gotta pee bad, it’s easier to pull off a bottom than a whole one-piece. (keep scrolling down!)
Ready for this year’s picks?
My Fave New Mom Swimsuits
5. Coco Reef Barbados Aura Ruffle Tankini – Ruffles! This is the best to hide the extra floof! I still think it’s best to try something like this on because ruffles can have the opposite effect, too. You do have to buy the bottom separately.
4. Curvy Kate Smooth Sailing Tankini – This is so cute! You can either wear it like this model and show a little belly or pull down the ruching to cover up. Instead of the bikini bottom you see on this model, I chose this fuller bottom.
1. Modcloth Beach Blanket Bingo Two-Piece Swimsuit – This has been a highly rated swimsuit on Modcloth for at least two years running. (There is also a one-piece that blows everything out of the water. No pun intended.) If you look at the “real people” pics, you’ll see that it flatters every body type, so don’t be shy – wear the two-piece! The halter gives the boobs support while the high-waist bottom covers a lot of tummy. It also goes up to Size 16, which I appreciate, especially after someone has birthed a baby… one may have a little more weight on them.
So there you have it – my picks for 2016! I’m still nursing Toddler Spawn and I’m always in search of easy-to-pull-down or easy-to-pull-up tops.
If you’ve got a swimsuit you like as a nursing mom, please let me know in the comments!
Post contains affiliate links at no cost to you.