Getting random free stuff makes me giddy. I was walking to grab lunch for The Wife and me, and the Little Debbie (as in snack cakes) street team greeted me. “Do you want some Little Debbie?” OK!
Here’s something that’s not making me happy. The weather. The bipolar LA weather has left me with yet another 24-hour bout of fever. My body is breaking down. But, who cares. It’s time for another…
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
3. I love when my friends set a goal and meet it. My real life friend Ariel and her partner-in-crime, Ken, wrote an ebook! If you’re not familiar, KenAndAriel.com is a sex/dating advice blog filled with snark. Cheap Feel Paradise is downloadable via Kindle or you can buy directly and download as a PDF. It’s only $3.99 – that’s a few hours of laughter and it’s cheaper than a gigolo.
2. Blogger friends’ posts that speak the truth:
- Melissa Dell ain’t settling, and that’s a good thing because that MAB Mini is awesome. (I have one too.)
- Melissa (The Valentine RD) went to FitSocial and came back with words of wisdom. Now I want to go next year!
- Beverly Diehl explores the history of Cleopatra (her slut of the month)… and the bitches who loved her. It’s a great read and pretty detailed, so sit down and take a break.
- Jessica Gottlieb is not a fan of the marketing bs that is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, neither am I. Just donate your money to the nonprofit organizations of your choice… DIRECTLY.
- AJ (Confessions of a Fat Girl) will punch you in the face, and I applaud her.
1a. And the #1 thing that is making me happy is a selfish thing. According to my GoodReads profile, I’ve read 97 books this year. That’s 47 more than my goal of 50! I carved out time to read, and books continue to make me so happy.
I can’t have read many of these books without my libraries. To date, I have six library cards. I tried to apply for cards when i was in New York, Cleveland, Chicago, and Seattle, but I had to be a state resident. Oh well!
1b. Libary/book-related producst make me happy. The holidays are coming up. Head to the Central Library’s store and buy stuff for your bookworm friends. Here are a few of my picks.