I’ve been under the weather for the last 7 days battling a major cold and then a fever. I’m upright and functional, so that is a good thing. Looking through my photos from my birthday weekend, these are…
Five Things That Made Me Happy
5. This naked guy. It was amazing (I know I keep using that word) to do yoga in the presence of dolphins at The Mirage. Post going up soon. I mean, come on. Look at this guy. How can you be unhappy with a face like that staring at you?
4. Le Reve at The Wynn. I could catch flies in my mouth all night because of the insanely complex and jaw-dropping acrobatics these performers did. We had amazing (here we go again) seats – I could see the 24-packs on the men and women. 24-packs. Major thanks to Dave for his kindness.
3. Hockey is back, and I hold the LA Kings’ social media team in very high regard. One of these days, I’m going to write a case study or something about their social media program. (They can run miles around so many pro sports social teams, there’s no contest.) We were at Frozen Fury last weekend, so there were many Kings, Avs, and Rangers fans running amuck in the city. I ran into this guy at the gas station in Vegas and asked to take a picture of his t-shirt. Classic hockey humor.
2. My Wonder Woman custom license plate frame from The Wife. The Wife secretly got this custom-cut and installed my birthday license plate holder on 51st Shade of Grey the night before our trip. When I brought my bags down to the car, I was utterly surprised. I chose right when I put a ring on it.
1. I’m taking a ride with my best friend. I bought tickets to Depeche Mode for my BFF’s birthday and we celebrated like kings! We had an amazing (yep, third time’s the charm) dinner at Fleming’s at LA Live, and then we headed toward Staples Center to relive our high school years. (When Violator came out, I was a 15.) We sat far away but I took one full-length video of “Just Can’t Get Enough” for your viewing pleasure. You can also check out two more vids on my Instagram feed. Dave Gahan STILL looks badass.
There you have it. My five for your five. What’s been making you happy this week? Tell me in the comments, would ya?