These past couple of weeks have been killer. I’ve been working on my fitness because I gained 5 pounds through travel eating. (I traveled for work.) I have less than 2 weeks to get my legs, heart and lungs as strong as possible for the Disneyland Half. But let’s not talk about running right now.
Here’s what’s making me happy this week:
5. This post on The Good Men Project titled “Dear Daughter: I Hope You Have Awesome Sex.” For once, this dad is not threatening to “lock up his daughter in a white tower until she’s 35.” How f_ing cliche do you have to be? Plus, why can’t you lock up your sons in a white tower? See? LAME either way.
“… I won’t tell you sex is bad, or that you’re bad for wanting it, or that other people are bad from wanting it from you if you’re willing to give it. I refuse to perpetuate, even through the plausible deniability of humor, the idea that the people my daughter is attracted to are my enemy.”
4. My new and first ever real baby nephew! He’s only two months old, and he rocks. No photos here – you can find them on my Instagram feed.
3. My friend Nicole Dubuc - Emmy-nominated writer extraordinaire – is the first woman writer to write The Flash comic. As it is 2013, this is quite an accomplishment! It just came out a couple of weeks ago – head to your local comic book store to pick up a copy!
2. Biting Bad by Chloe Neill (book 8) – METHAN is back. If you’re a fan of the Chicagoland Vampires series, you know what I’m talking about. Review to come. It made me happy for the two days I was reading it.
1. One more book… I think Kate Daniels has trumped Mercy Thompson in my heart. Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews (book 6) made me so happy this week. I spent two glorious nights reading this latest installment. I slept on the couch because I stayed up until 6:30am one evening. Review to come. Spoiler alert – I gave it 5/5 stars on the GoodReads meter.
But wait, there’s more. My reading obsession hasn’t stopped. I’ve started a new series by Jennifer Rardin and I’m loving it. Don’t be like me.
Have a happy weekend!