This week’s five is brought to you by the letters W.T.F. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone exhales their germy breath in my face. This usually gets me sick 99% of the time. The other 1% is usually from travel. I have a feeling that people don’t notice that they are mouth-breathers and/or literally exhaling INTO my face.
I do my best not to breathe in when they breathe out, but sometimes you can’t help it. You get caught in that mid-exhale/mid-inhale situation. What do you do? Do you hold your breath midway through inhaling, look away and exhale, and then breathe in ‘fresh’ air? (The answer is yes.)
Anyway, this week’s Friday Five is dedicated to you mouth breathers who blow your germs in my face.
1. Currently reading The Traitor in the Tunnel by YS Lee. It’s the third in the series. It’s a neat premise I haven’t read before – young woman as a spy in Victorian-era London with a secret MI-6-like agency disguised as a girls school. The book covers are great. If you go to YS Lee’s blog, do a search on when she was at her first book cover shoot. So interesting to see the process! The first book is on sale for Kindle $2.99! Go get it!
2. I’m in love with my new flat iron by BaByliss Pro. It’s got different heat settings; I’m currently using 340-degrees. My hair gets nice and straight and NOT frizzy. If you have Asian hair, you know what I’m talkin’ about. I heart it. But their
social media program Facebook presence is horrendous.
3. To the men and women in my office who don’t wash their hands after using the restroom and grabbing the door to leave, I dislike you very much.
4. Birthday wishlists. The Wife was contacted by friends for my wishlist. I don’t really have one. Last week’s five was pretty much fulfilled. I’ve got everything I need for now. I want a Vitamix or a juicer, but we have no counter space for it. Does that count?
5. Essie. My beloved Turquiose and Caicos bottle has turned dark. It’s not a bright nail color anymore. I’d only had it for a year. I emailed Essie customer service and asked them for an exchange. Maybe that had a newer lot of polish I could swap my polish for. They sent me a refund check of $8 to buy a new bottle. And that is how you do customer service. This is a nail polish company who gets it. (RE: Social media – I’m surprised they haven’t engaged on Twitter.)
There you have it. Have a great weekend, and I hope you never get breathed on.
PS – Don’t forget to enter my TC Charton sunglasses giveaway! They also have KID-size glasses and sunnies! So you can enter to win and pick a pair for your kid!