It’s my birthday month! I will officially and solidly be in my late 30s. How
depressing awesome! My breasts get to sag some more – the twins have always wanted to be closer to the ground. My bones get to be brittle. My face will acquire more wrinkles and freckles. I get to have more white hair on my head. On the flip side, I get the opportunity to exercise more often to zhoosh things up. (I see no advantages here…. do you?)
Anyway, there have been some cool things that I’ve run into that made it to the list this week. I’ve either put them on my shopping list or the Wife’s shopping list. Ha! Let’s get started.
1. New sunnies. The folks at TC Charton sent me several styles and my favorite was the Miriam. They’re cat-eye style and fit perfectly. Review and a GIVEAWAY coming soon!
2. Cue the Oprah voice – my neeeeeeeeeeeeeew camera – the Canon S100! The Wife ordered it for my birthday, and I got it this week. We drooled over the S95, and when the S100 came out, it was flagged. I’m still practicing with the Nikon D40 but this little Canon will replace my SD870 and live in my MacGuyver purse from now on. It’s slimmer, lighter, and comes with more features. (FYI: It’s on sale and costs less than the S95 on Amazon.com right now.)
3. New baubles from BaubleBar! They’ve shipped, and these babies should be delivered to mama this weekend. Yeah! The skull bracelet is similar to the Alexander McQueen one, but less expensive. Yay for me!
4. Stuff from Out of Print. I’ve seen their stuff at Skylight Books in Los Feliz and wondered who made them. Now I know. I wish they’d make more shirts from books like… you know… Honor Harrington (David Weber), Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card), or more Jane Austen novels. When I was in 7th grade, I read my first Nancy Drew novel. This t-shirt would be neat to have.
5. This Boba Fett alarm clock. I want one. It’s a LEGO!
6. Pumpkin spice everything!!!!!
If you’re not close to a Starbys (OMG, really?) or a Coffee Bean, check out Bailey’s Coffee Creamers in Pumpkin Spice!! Yeah make your own at home!