I can’t believe we’re in March. Yes, I can. No, I can’t. Yes, I can. Did you get your Comic-Con badge sales info email? I’m debating on whether to go for a day this year. My partner Jen is going to be there for the full 4 days of crazy to cover all entertainment – tv, film, books, music, etc. In any case, you’ll have one of us reporting at our Pop blog!
Top five on my mind this week:
- The city of Santa Monica and their parking nazis. I got another Santa Monica parking ticket when I went to see my doctor this week. I bet those parking meters have a warning 5 minutes before your time expires so that the parking devils can swing by and start processing. I swear I was only 5 minutes over when I got back to my car. This is what I get for getting to my doc’s early and only finding one-hour only spaces.
- Late discovery: There is a 101 Noodle Express in Arcadia! I never look in the other little strip malls when my focus is Din Tai Fung. If Daniel Day-Lewis was here, he’d say “There. will. be. beef rolls!” This is a little closer to my work than the Alhambra location. I found a 2009 article by Jonathan Gold about them. But wait, there’s more! There’s an Irvine location for your OC hoodrats! And oh my god, there’s a Culver City location for your Westside posers!
- Another late discovery: The Phoenix that sits next to Din Tai Fung serves FOOD and has seating! WTF! I’ve always walked past this Phoenix to go straight to Din Tai Fung. But now, I know they serve the same food as the one in Alhambra – yeah! Again, just a little closer to my work.
- Running on a treadmill is not fun. I ran only 2 miles yesterday morning at the gym, which is pretty pathetic. I found it boring and my attention kept waning. But I have to do it here because it’s why I joined a gym. I didn’t want to run in the dark or cold.
- YS Lee has her third book out – The Traitor in the Tunnel. It shall be mine.