It’s been a while since I kept up my list of Appreciative 10s. I thought I’d start today with one.
If you’re unfamiliar, I used to list 10 things I was appreciative of. It was an exercise that followed me from grad school. Shout out to Jeremy Hunter‘s Practice of Self Management course!
As you know I used to have a very long commute to and from work. I listened to a lot of audiobooks, NPR, talk radio and news radio. Here’s this week’s list of radio shows I’m appreciative of:
- Air Talk with Larry Mantle – I love Larry Mantle. I will not go on about it.
- Les Brown – One of the quotes I literally wrote down on my notebook was “Inch by inch, it becomes a cinch.” For real. It’s original to me.
- Dave Ramsey – Note: he is pretty anti-Obama, but don’t let that stop you from learning.
- Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me – best game show on the radio. Peter Sagal and Carl Kasell host the show. One of the best shows features random celebrities like WWE champion John Cena. I was so impressed by his intelligence and quickwit on the show.
- Splendid Table – I don’t like to cook but I like to listen to Lynn Rossetto Kasper talk about beans and pumpkins and brining chicken and so on. Last weekend, she had Amy Sedaris (yeah!) on her show – download it on iTunes or listen online.
- Food News with Melinda Lee - another food show with a great host. Her enthusiasm for turkeys and pork loins and pies is infectious.
- FilmWeek – Again with Larry Mantle. I don’t always agree with the critics but their opinions are pretty well thought out.
- StoryCorps – When you need something from TAL, you can listen to StoryCorps.
- Help me find two more radio shows to fill in my list!
- No really!