Conference packing is similar to travel packing – chaotic.
Lucky (?) for me, I signed up for a 5K run sponsored by BlogHer and The Discipline Project on Friday morning. Yeah, yours truly, the fat runner who hasn’t run in…. oh TWO MONTHS has signed up for a 5K.
So… I’m not counting my running shoes in my total number of shoes packed! I think that’s fair. I’m also not counting any running gear – Greta the Garmin, cap, socks, clothes, iFitness belt, iPod, BodyGlide, ….
I took out the big suitcase and packed stuff last night. I brought the suitcase down, and the Wife just shook his head. “It’s just 2 days!” he said. I shot back,”It’s 3,000+ women! You know what that means!” He shook his head again.
Here’s “what I’m packin’”:
- 3 pairs of flip flops – each has a specific job, only one will be in my bag all day
- black/colorful platform wedges – for the Friday and Saturday parties (or maybe I’ll wear… flip flops!)
- black glitter TOMS – daytime
- F21 skinnies – I’ll be living in these during the day. Oh who am I kidding? I live in these EVERY DAY!
- 5 tank tops – Um… maybe I can put back 3 of these…
- 2 lightweight cardigan-type sweaters to go with the tanks
- black Gap skinny pants - back-up for evening
- leopard print ballet flats
- polka-dot sleeveless top
- black BR sleeveless silk dress – my only “dressy” dress I’m bringing
- plain blue maxi dress - a very plain one to wear with flip flops!
- black Anthro skirt to wear if I’m sick of jeans – paired with a tank and sweater… and flip flops!
- swimsuit – which means a different pair of FLIP FLOPS for the pool!
- yoga clothes (though I haven’t gotten a confirmation so it may be moot)
- and a scarf (ok, fine, two) in case it gets chilly in those conf rooms
I don’t mean to sound like a freak but I highly recommend packing cubes. I’ve had these babies for several years now, and they make packing much easier. I can throw all underthings and socks AND jewelry in the little one. The middle one holds my PJs, exercise clothes, swimsuit and running stuff. And the large one holds all my day and night outfits. I just roll everything up and I’m all set.
There you have it. I’m working through lunch and then I’m out!
Do you have a travel packing must-have that makes packing easier?
Forgive me if you are following me on Twitter. I anticipate tweeting a lot this weekend.