Enjoyed my weekend. The SIL and hubby were in town so we headed to the in-laws for dinner. Later, we (the four of us “kids”) talked about P90X. Yeah – the informercial exercise program dvd system supreme. TH’s friend Derek is currently on it and has posted status reports on his FB page. Apparently it works. The three of us are thinking about trying it out. (Me, TH, and SIL’s hubby.)
We’ll see. In the meantime, I had dinner with Joanne and Lynna and shared an order of beignets and two creme brulees at Grand Lux. So there.
- Grand Lux Cafe – for not sucking. I dislike its sister resto, Cheesecake Factory, and so I’m glad there is an alternative. I ordered the DIY “vegetarian dishes as a meal” for dinner – rice, spinach, asparagus, mashed sweet potatoes, and mac n cheeese. It was pretty good. I didn’t feel like I missed anything.
- my new business cards – they came in yesterday – w00t!
- Dead to the World (book 4 of the Southern Vampire Mysteries) – easy read, I’m almost done in two days, which has been a nice distraction
- Whole Foods’ 365 Cola – it’s a good Coke alternative. Made w cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup; the only negative? -> no caffeine
- Dollhouse – I streamed last Friday’s ep; it continues to stay on its “good” track as opposed to its “suck” track. I lurve Victor and Sierra. Doesn’t Victor look like that guy from One Tree Hill? Weird. Topher (wtf kind of name is that?) needs to get mind-wiped. He has surpassed Eliza Dushku in my list of characters I can’t stand. And as much as I like staring at Tahmoh Penikett’s shirtless bod, he’s kind of crap.
- old resumes – to see how far I’ve come
- found G/Cs! – found my Sephora bday gc from Karen – w00t!
- a repeat – my flat iron – helpful to “flatten” my weirdly wavy hair
- paper towels – so freaking handy
- post-season hockey